Thank you for your interest in Equitable Opportunities Now’s media relations! Please see below for the most recent EON news coverage and media releases.
Please direct media inquiries to Equitable Opportunities Now Co-Founder Shanel Lindsay.
EON In the News
- Cannabis Confidential: Lawmakers pass landmark legislation enhancing equity in the industry | Worcester Magazine
- New cannabis equity law sparks hope for would-be business owners | GBH News
- MA Gov. Baker Signs Marijuana Compromise Bill, Strikes One Controversial Section | Benzinga
- Sweeping cannabis industry reforms signed into law by Baker | State House News Service (courtesy of 7News)
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Pass Compromise Bill on Cannabis Industry Reform | High Times
- Some advice for crafting final cannabis reform bill | CommonWealth Magazine
- With cannabis revenue set to be assigned to communities of color, ‘how much?’ is key | Dorchester Reporter
- Massachusetts House Approves Bill To Amend Cannabis Laws | High Times
- Weed Entrepreneur Kizzy Kee Has High Hopes | Harvard Crimson
Press Releases & Media Advisories
- Statement from Equitable Opportunities Now! Co-Founder Shanel Lindsay regarding Cannabis Social Equity Advisory Board appointments“Black and Brown entrepreneurs have waited far too long for an opportunity to participate in this new industry after years of criminalization have decimated their communities. We look forward to partnering with these impressive new Advisory Board members, Gov. Healey, Secretary Hao, and the Administration to ensure this new grant and loan fund program is created and administered equitably.”
- Community leaders, advocates praise historic equity provisions in new cannabis law signed by Gov. Baker“Massachusetts made history with a nation-leading economic empowerment law when they legalized cannabis with Question 4, and nearly six years later, Gov. Baker and the Massachusetts Legislature have made history with this vital — and overdue — grant and loan fund,” said Equitable Opportunities Now Co-Founder and Question 4 Co-Author Shanel Lindsay.
- Equitable Opportunities Now, The Boston Foundation and other advocates praise compromise cannabis equity bill“Massachusetts made history with a nation-leading economic empowerment law when they legalized cannabis with Question 4, and nearly six years later, Legislators today made history with this vital — and overdue — grant and loan fund,” said Equitable Opportunities Now Co-Founder and Question 4 Co-Author Shanel Lindsay
- Gov. Charlie Baker calls cannabis equity bill “important,” says “I certainly hope it gets to my desk”Calling the bill “important” and repeatedly expressing his desire to have a bill on his desk before the end of session, the Governor referred to cannabis equity and local licensing reform as among the “key priorities” in the bill.
- Former Cannabis Control Chair Hoffman & Former Commissioner Title Urge Legislators to Fully Fund Cannabis Equity Grant & Loan Fund“..although Massachusetts led the nation by being the first state to require cannabis regulators like us to create economic empowerment pathways for communities most harmed by the war on drugs, we lag behind other states that have created, among other solutions, funds for small businesses to access capital. A final bill to create a fund for Massachusetts with 20% of excess tax revenue will help to level the playing field for our residents.”