Thank you for your interest in Equitable Opportunities Now’s media relations! Please see below for the most recent EON news coverage and media releases.
Please direct media inquiries to Equitable Opportunities Now Co-Founder Shanel Lindsay.
EON In the News
- Guest Opinion: Black And Brown Cannabis Entrepreneurs Can’t Afford To Keep Waiting | Talking Joints Memo
- Guest Opinion: Where Is Mass Cannabis Tax Revenue Going? | Talking Joints Memo
- Regulators agree to new approach on cannabis cafés | State House News Service via The Boston Globe
- Cannabis Control Commission adopts new approach to licensing social consumption sites | GBH News
- Mass. Regulators Vote To Scrap Social Cannabis Consumption Pilot Program | Talking Joints Memo
- Equity-Focused Nonprofit Publishes Open Letter To CCC About Social Consumption | Talking Joints Memo
- Cannabis Confidential: Lawmakers pass landmark legislation enhancing equity in the industry | Worcester Magazine
- New cannabis equity law sparks hope for would-be business owners | GBH News
- MA Gov. Baker Signs Marijuana Compromise Bill, Strikes One Controversial Section | Benzinga
Press Releases & Media Advisories
- Equitable Opportunities Now Applauds New Cannabis Equity RegulationsNew HCA and municipal equity rules will create new opportunities for communities harmed by the war on drugs…
- Equitable Opportunities Now urges Cannabis Control Commission to take bold action to support disadvantaged businessesAdvocates call for expanded local and state equitable licensing ratios & removal of medical dispensary prioritization
- Advisory: EON to host Virtual CCC Regulatory Review Listening Session on Thurs. 7/6 at 1 p.m.All five Cannabis Control Commissioners, along with staff, are anticipated to listen to the community’s feedback and speakers will include leaders from EON and other advocacy organizations, Sen. Liz Miranda, Boston Mayor’s Office of Economic Opportunity & Inclusion Cannabis Business Manager Shekia Scott, and about a dozen entrepreneurs from communities harmed by the war on drugs.
- Statement from EON Policy Co-Chair Armani White regarding CCC vote to remove social consumption pilot from regsThe Cannabis Control Commission voted today to remove the existing but not operational social consumption pilot program from Massachusetts regulations during its second public meeting on the topic. Economic Empowerment applicants and Social Equity Program participants are expected to have an exclusivity period for social consumption licenses. The current pilot … Read more
- Social Consumption Pilot Program Public CommentsAfter more than five years and a significant new cannabis law addressing social consumption, now is the time to move forward with a comprehensive, equitable, safe, and healthy onsite consumption licensing and regulatory framework.