Thanks for your interest in the latest community updates from Equitable Opportunities Now!
Join our email newsletter to receive breaking updates, event invitations, and resources to support equity in the Massachusetts cannabis industry.
Search & Filter Community Updates
- Equitable Opportunities Now Applauds New Cannabis Equity RegulationsNew HCA and municipal equity rules will create new opportunities for communities harmed by the war on drugs…
- Urgent CCC Regulatory Review Action AlertSpeak out ASAP to protect municipal equity!
- Equitable Opportunities Now urges Cannabis Control Commission to take bold action to support disadvantaged businessesAdvocates call for expanded local and state equitable licensing ratios & removal of medical dispensary prioritization
- Former Commissioner Shaleen Title’s Regulatory Review Public Comments to EON’s Listening Session
- EON testifies in support of slate of statehouse cannabis equity billsThe investments and policy decisions we make now will have a lasting impact on whether we create a truly equitable industry.
- Join us to share your thoughts with Cannabis Control Commissioners and Staff on Tuesday, 7/6 at 1 PMEON is excited to share with that Cannabis Control Commission Chair Shannon O’Brien, Executive Director Shawn Collins, and Commissioners Nurys Camargo, Ava Concepcion, Kimberly Roy, and Bruce Stebbins will join EON to listen in on our Virtual Community Regulatory Review Listening Session on Thursday, July 6 at 1 PM!
- Take our CCC Regulatory Review Survey!Please take our survey below to share your recommendations, concerns, questions, research, and examples about how we can improve the Cannabis Control Commission’s regulations to increase equitable economic opportunity in MA’s cannabis industry!
- Register for EON’s Virtual CCC Regulatory Review Community Listening SessionSign up for this virtual session to share and/or listen to recommendations and concerns from Economic Empowerment applicants & licensees, Social Equity Program participants, entrepreneurs from disparately harmed communities, and other stakeholders about how we can ensure effective and equitable implementation of An Act Relative to Equity in the Cannabis Industry!
- Join EON's CCC Regulatory Review Planning Session!Sign up for this virtual session to talk with fellow EON supporters & stakeholders to discuss the Cannabis Control Commission’s regulatory review and plan future engagement and advocacy to ensure effective implementation of An Act Relative to Equity in the Cannabis Industry!
- Statement from EON Policy Co-Chair Armani White regarding CCC vote to remove social consumption pilot from regsThe Cannabis Control Commission voted today to remove the existing but not operational social consumption pilot program from Massachusetts regulations during its second public meeting on the topic. Economic Empowerment applicants and Social Equity Program participants are expected to have … Read more
- Social Consumption Pilot Program Public CommentsAfter more than five years and a significant new cannabis law addressing social consumption, now is the time to move forward with a comprehensive, equitable, safe, and healthy onsite consumption licensing and regulatory framework.
- EON Career & Opportunities SessionSign up for this virtual session for information about open job positions and more ways to get involved in the industry.
- Public Comments to Cannabis Control Commission HCA Reform, Municipal Equity, & Social Consumption Working GroupsThe Cannabis Control Commission (Commission) is currently reviewing its regulations and considering policy changes that respond to recent changes in state law known as Chapter 180 of the Acts of 2022: An Act Relative to Equity in the Cannabis Industry. … Read more
- Join EON’s March Career & Opportunities Session!Sign up for the upcoming Career and Opportunities Session featuring Massachusetts Cannabis leaders about jobs, entrepreneurial resources in the city of Boston, and navigating the growing cannabis industry. This virtual session is designed for attendees to hear directly from trailblazing … Read more
- Join EON’s Virtual Career & Opportunity Session on Jan. 31Sign up for this virtual session for information about open job positions and more ways to get involved in the industry!
- Help launch the new frontier of cannabis equity in MassachusettsAfter more than four years and two legislative sessions, you helped make history last year when Massachusetts legislators passed a comprehensive cannabis equity bill. Are you ready to do it again?
- Survey: What’s next for cannabis equity in Massachusetts?
What policy changes would make Massachusetts’ cannabis industry more accessible to people from communities most harmed by the war on drugs?
Please take a few minutes right now to fill out our 2023-2024 Legislative Agenda Policy Survey and help shape the future of our advocacy for years to come.
- Let’s Give Black this #GivingTuesdayDear Friends, Equitable Opportunities Now! is a proudly Black- and woman-run nonprofit organization that’s been at the forefront of ensuring Black and Brown communities have a seat at the table in Massachusetts cannabis industry. Thanks to generous donors like you, … Read more
- Thinking about value this #CyberMondayFriends, Cyber Monday is that special time of year when we open our inboxes with love in our hearts and deals on our mind — a time when we joyously open our wallets to share our blessings and show our … Read more
- Vote TODAY!You matter — your life, your experiences, your knowledge, your opinions, and your vote! So please, if you haven’t yet: GET OUT AND VOTE today before 8 p.m. to decide who will be in charge of our government. Click here … Read more
- Preview and join EON’s “Binder Full of Cannabis Equity Experts” (beta)EON is compiling a “Binder Full of Cannabis Experts” that will offer appointing authorities like the Governor, Attorney General, & Treasurer a resource for a diverse range of experts on the cannabis industry and equity.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: Apply to the Cannabis Social Equity Trust Fund Advisory Board!The Equity Advisory Board will consult with the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development (“EOHED”) as EOHED administers the Cannabis Social Equity Trust Fund (the “Trust Fund”). A first of its kind, the Trust Fund was established to encourage the full participation in the state’s regulated marijuana industry of entrepreneurs from communities that have been disproportionately harmed by marijuana prohibition and enforcement (“ADI Communities”).
- Apply to be appointed to Mayor Michell Wu’s Boston Cannabis Board
The Boston City Council amended its cannabis ordinance to add two seats to the Boston Cannabis Board:
- “One member with experience in urban planning or land use”
- “One member with experience in a leadership role within a neighborhood association in Boston”
- Massachusetts needs YOU to get cannabis equity rightThanks to years of advocacy, there are now an unprecedented number of opportunities for local community members to have a say in how we implement laws as well as getting them passed. Please take a look at the opportunities below and consider applying or urging your friends, family, and colleagues to do so.
- You’re invited: EON’s Celebration of Cannabis Equity Champions, 6-8 p.m. on Tues. 10/25 at Black Market in RoxburyIt’s time to celebrate our victories, honor the amazing work of our allies and partners, and finally see each other in person again at EON’s Celebration of Cannabis Equity Champions Social Fundraiser on Tuesday, Oct. 25 from 6-8 p.m. at Black Market in Roxbury!
- Community leaders, advocates praise historic equity provisions in new cannabis law signed by Gov. Baker“Massachusetts made history with a nation-leading economic empowerment law when they legalized cannabis with Question 4, and nearly six years later, Gov. Baker and the Massachusetts Legislature have made history with this vital — and overdue — grant and loan fund,” said Equitable Opportunities Now Co-Founder and Question 4 Co-Author Shanel Lindsay.
- Take our community outreach survey!Your input is critical to ensuring that EON can continue to prioritize the programming and advocacy that our community values most! Please take a few minutes to share your insights by taking our survey now.
- Cannabis equity call to action & career fair opportunityToday’s Boston Globe article highlights the urgent need for action amongst our elected officials with a deadline just 6 days away. Read the article below and make your calls this week- step by step guide included.
- Time is running out to ensure cannabis equity is fully funded!While the House funded the cannabis equity grant and loan fund with 20% of excess cannabis revenue, the Senate only included 10% in their bill – putting tens of millions of dollars that could support Black and brown entrepreneurs at risk! We need your help now to make sure this vital program is fully funded by emailing and calling your state senator and representative before it’s too late!
- URGENT: Ask your Local House Rep to Support Cannabis EquityAn all-white Conference Committee will negotiate key differences between House and Senate cannabis reform bills, including whether the social equity trust fund should receive the full 20% of cannabis revenues envisioned by the law and included in the House, or just the 10% allocated by the Senate. Please take a moment right now to urge your state legislators to ask the Conference Committee to strengthen the equity provisions of the final omnibus cannabis reform bill! Here’s how to take action:
- URGENT: Ask your Local House Rep to Support Cannabis EquityWe need your support in contacting YOUR Massachusetts State House Representative to ask them to support the Cannabis Omnibus Bill, including Amendment 1 to H4791 that increases the % allocated to the Cannabis Social Equity Trust Fund from the current proposed 15% to 20%.
- TOMORROW: Join our Rally for Cannabis Equity and Be Heard!Please join us Thursday (4/28) at 12 p.m. for EON’s virtual Rally for Cannabis Equity! Come hear and amplify the stories of the entrepreneurs who will be most impacted by social equity cannabis reforms and hear from our partners in government Sen. Sonia Chang Diaz, Rep. Chynah Tyler, and Cannabis Control Commissioner Nurys Camargo.
- Take Action in Support of Cannabis Social Equity 🍃Good morning community, urgent action is needed this week! Please take a moment today to contact Massachusetts local Senators asking them to VOTE YES on Senate Bill 2801 this week. It should not take more than 5-10 minutes of your … Read more
- Career & Opportunities Resource GuideIt was so great to see so many folks at the EON Career & Opportunities Session this weekend at NECANN. We look forward to staying connected and creating pathways to positive impact, equitable ownership and meaningful employment in the cannabis industry. Here are some links for follow up:
- Send your feedback to the Cannabis Control Commission & Other OpportunitiesToday is a great day to send your input to the Cannabis Control Commission regarding updates to the designated areas of disproportionate impact. OUR COMMUNITY INPUT IS CRUCIAL FOR OUR COMMUNITY’S INVOLVEMENT IN THE INDUSTRY. See Sample Public Comment HEREFor … Read more
- Attend our first Career & Opportunities session of the year!We are excited to share about an exclusive program for canna-preneurs, and the first Career & Opportunities session of the year !
- New Year, Stepping into it with Gratitude.🍃In 2021, with your support, we informed regulators and elected officials about pressing issues facing current/prospective Social Equity program participants; we created a platform for community members to align with open job positions in the Massachusetts cannabis industry, and mentored individuals on the path to becoming leaders and business owners in the industry.
- See you soon for more opportunities!🎁Thank you for joining us recently to contact the Joint Committee on Cannabis in Massachusetts. We continue to encourage outreach to our elected officials to keep them informed and aware that we are asking for policies that protect equitable opportunities. … Read more
- Week of Action for Social Equity“If Massachusetts wants to ensure that it protects consumers from predatory business practices, fosters a competitive environment for small businesses, and roots out corruption, then it has to be more proactive in passing regulatory measures that allow the market to grow responsibly.” -The Editorial Board, Boston Globe
- Take Action for Social Equity in MassachusettsVoters passed Question 4 with the promise of equitable pathways into the cannabis industry and community reinvestment into the communities most harmed by the war on drugs. Nearly six years later, we’re on the cusp of securing a major victory … Read more
- See you at our Career & Opportunity Session on Wednesday, November 10 @ 6 p.m. EST📓Please note that we are hosting an online session on WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 10 @6PM EST discussing current job opportunities in the Massachusetts Cannabis industry. Some positions include…
- 📲 See you this evening at our virtual career session!If you’ve been considering a job in the cannabis industry, please consider attending this virtual session…
- 📢 See you at the Rally for Cannabis Equity on 11/9!Four years after Question 4 passed, we’re still struggling to achieve the promise of equity in the cannabis industry that the voters passed into law. With only two weeks left before new regulations for equity delivery are finalized by the CCC, NOW is the time to make your voice heard.
- Ask your state rep to support these important cannabis equity budget amendments!Your voice can make this happen! Thanks to all of your hard work in bringing these issues to the forefront, Representative Dave Rogers, Representative Chynah Tyler, and Representative Carol Doherty have successfully filed three amendments to the state economic development … Read more
- Cannabis Career Fair in Roxbury TOMORROW 5-8 p.m.This job fair and cannabis job market panel will connect talent from areas disproportionately impacted by prohibition with leading Massachusetts cannabis companies.
- Mini Job Fair and Career Panel – Thursday 10/17Meet cannabis companies looking for great people to join their teams. Learn more about the cannabis job market, including how to prepare to work in this industry and tips on how to build a lasting career. This mini job fair and cannabis job market panel will connect talent from areas disproportionately impacted by prohibition with leading Massachusetts cannabis companies
- CBD Presentation + Valuation Event TonightIf you missed “POC in CBD: Exploring Opportunities on Thursday” and want to check out the science portion of the presentation, MCR Labs was kind enough to share and you can find it her…. Kush Groove, EON and Minorities for Medical Marijuana are hosting a learning session about how to value your cannabis business….
- POC in CBD: Exploring Opportunities – THURSDAYLearn directly from CBD pioneers, licensed hemp growers, and leading scientists. This event will include information about the history and policy of CBD, the science and testing, and the MA regulatory and licensing framework for hemp cultivation and sales.
- Equity Hearing @ Boston City Hall TOMORROW + Investor Meetup Next WeekTomorrow at Boston City Hall, come to support Councilor Kim Janey’s equity ordinance. Join us Next Tuesday February 12th from 5 p.m. to 6:15 p.m at the Hynes Convention Center to network with investors, business owners, and advocates for an equitable and sustainable cannabis industry.
- 2019 Equity Kickoff Jan 30th 6-8 p.m. 🌿It’s 2019 – the start of an undeniably important year for the MA cannabis industry. At EON, we are bringing all our resources to bear to help ECON applicants get across the finish line & get as many community members as possible connected to the industry, whether that’s as an owner, employee, or activist.
- Do you want one of the reaming spots for Edibles & Production Licensing Seminar?We announced the workshop on Facebook and the spots filled quickly, however we want all digital supporters to have an opportunity at this workshop.